How to Build a house in Minecraft is fun, but can be difficult for those who have never done it before. The good news: you don’t have to spend hours memorizing tutorials. All you need is a little bit of patience, some dedication, and a willingness to fail.
After all, Minecraft is an exploratory game that is meant to be played not simply watched. But if you are playing on a server instead of a single-player then keep in mind that this guide may not work exactly like I say it does (because the rules>no rules).
Read Also: How to Make Map
Why Do You Need a House in Minecraft?
The first thing you need to know about building a house in Minecraft is that you need a house.
That’s right. You might think you’re tough enough to survive in the open wilderness with nothing but your wits and your fists, but the truth is, even the most grizzled Minecraft gamer needs somewhere safe and secure to rest up at night.
It’s really just not worth it to sleep on the ground or, worse yet, try to stay awake all night. Sure, you’ll lose progress on your dirt farm if you don’t get enough sleep, but more importantly, you’re putting yourself at risk of getting killed by zombies or creepers.
When you complete your initial house you will need to place your bed to set your spawn point, install valuable tools like a Brewing Stand, Anvil, Enchanting Table and also need to add a chest to store things.
Materials for Your First House
The materials you’ll need will depend on the size of your house, but for a basic small house, you’ll want to have at least eight blocks of wood (planks), one block of any building material for a door, 12 blocks of glass for windows and two blocks for trapdoors.
You can make stairs with six blocks of wood and six blocks of cobblestone. Make ladders from six blocks of wood arranged vertically in three columns of two blocks.
Of course, it’s helpful to have at least a few extra resources in case you want to add anything extra to your house before you’re ready to move on to something bigger and fancier.
Read Also: Make Your Gaming App
How to Build a House in Minecraft? Minecraft House
Minecraft is a game where you mine and craft. You can build whatever your heart desires: buildings, statues, whole towns—the possibilities are endless! One of the best parts of Minecraft is building your own house. Here’s how to get started about how to build a house in minecraft.
The first thing you need to do is gather some materials. Wood is very easy to come by in Minecraft; trees are everywhere, and you can pick them up with just one click of your mouse! Stone is more difficult to find, but it’s also much stronger than wood. Once you have collected some wood or stone, use it to craft a workbench.
Once you’ve crafted a workbench, you’ll be able to make more materials, like planks and stairs. Use these materials to create the walls for your house.
Now that you’ve built the walls, it’s time to add a roof! This can also be made from wood or stone planks, but remember that if there are spaces between the planks on the roof, mobs will occasionally spawn inside your house. If you want to be safe from mobs while still having an open-air feel in your house, add doors or windows!
Once everything is built, don’t forget to decorate the inside of your home!
Placing a Torch:
Placing a torch in your Minecraft house is an important part of the building, as torches allow you and other players to see in dark areas.
To place a torch, you must first be inside your Minecraft house. If you are not, walk into your house.
Once you are inside your house, find a place where you would like to place the torch.
The place that you will place a torch does not need to be lit up by sunlight or any other source of light, but it does need to be empty.
If there is an object in the space where you want to place the torch, move it aside before placing the torch.
Once you have found an empty area to place the torch, make your torch or select the torch from your inventory and right-click on the empty space.
The game will automatically place the torch in that space.
How to Improve Your House in Minecraft?
- Choose a location and start digging. Your house should be on flat ground and have access to trees, water, caves, and other naturally occurring Minecraft features. It’s a good idea to dig out at least the bottom floor of your house before you start building up.
- Make sure your house is located away from any other buildings. You don’t want anyone to sneak up on you while you’re just trying to live your best life!
- Build walls around your house. Consider where you’ll be putting doors and windows as you go. Don’t worry about putting a roof on yet—you’ll want to get as much light into your house as possible! If you don’t want your house to be lit up like a Christmas tree, use torches or glowstone blocks for lighting instead of windows.
- Build a roof over your walls using planks or stone blocks. It’s also a good idea to cover the floor with wood planks so that mobs can’t spawn in your house.
- Add furniture, appliances, and decorations. It’s important to make sure that everything in your home has a function; otherwise, it just takes up space!
- Enjoy your new home!
How to Add More Usefulness to Your Minecraft House?
The following is a list of ways to make your Minecraft house more useful.
- Create a storage area for all of your items
- Build an easy-to-access bed so that you can sleep through the night
- Craft a crafting table for all of your crafting needs
- Construct a furnace for melting and smelting ore
- Build a door to keep out unwanted mobs
The basics of building a house are easy. Just find a nice location, flatten the ground, and lay some foundations (maybe hidden within a cliff). Then you can start adding in walls and windows until you have something you like the look of. Your house can have an infinite number of styles and sizes. I hope you enjoyed this Minecraft House tutorial! Let me know what you think in the comments below and even share this tutorial with your friends. I’d really appreciate it.